Friday, 27 January 2012
WAYS TO PREVENT AIR POLLUTIONS
When you must motor - drive smart
Since modern transport has evolved around the ICE vehicle, you will probably need to gas up and drive sometimes. Here are a few tips for those times to help reduce ICE pollution.
1. Start it, go, and stop it. Idling the internal combustion pollutes a lot more than when you are driving it.
2. Consolidate your trips: When you start the car or truck, try to hook up more than one
stop along the way. It will save time and money, not to mention clearing the air some.
3. Keep your car or truck tuned. Modern cars don't need much tuning, but do what is needed to keep it firing cleanly.
4. Drive inside the law. You have most likely heard these things before, they may seem boring, but will reduce pollution. Accelerate and stop smoothly, and don't speed. Just like bikes, due to air resistance, cars require a lot more power as speed increases.
5. Share the ride. When you share the load, the amount of pollution per person goes down.
6. Drive a fuel efficient vehicle where possible.
7. Park your ICE car at least one day per week for a no driving day.